Sam Chen M.D.
Raised on the east coast, Dr. Chen attended medical school in New York City followed by a residency and fellowship in California.
He decided to specialize in orthopedics because with the proper treatment (e.g. physical therapy, bracing, surgery, etc.) most injuries heal well with dramatic improvement in quality of life.
Also, orthopedics is a team project. Both the clinic and operating room require a diverse group of people (e.g., medical assistants, therapists, nurses) working together creating a collaborative fun environment.
When Dr. Chen isn’t caring for patients, he enjoys skiing and playing tennis with his family. He also loves woodworking and is a part-time racquet stringer.
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Hawaii Orthopedic Association
- Neufeld Society
- Elective in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic for pediatric orthopedic surgery
- Volunteer in Cap Haitien, Haiti with CURE International (orthopedic trauma)